Explore Amazing Apalachicola & Florida’s Forgotten Coast
The Best Western Apalach Inn is located less than a mile outside of historic downtown Apalachicola. The word “Apalachicola” means “land of the friendly people,” and this charming coastal community certainly lives up to its name. The picturesque port town is filled with hometown warmth and kind folks who welcome everyone with open arms.
Besides being the friendliest town in the Florida panhandle, Apalachicola is also celebrated for its fresh local seafood, unspoiled nature and rich history. Throughout the downtown district, you’ll discover unique boutiques, a range of restaurants, breweries, art galleries, museums and music venues.
The Best Western Apalach Inn offers guests quick and easy access to attractions and activities all across Florida’s Forgotten Coast. Why is this area called the Forgotten Coast? Because it’s the last remaining stretch of unspoiled Gulf Coast beaches that haven’t been overrun by high rises and strip malls. Florida’s Forgotten Coast includes the communities of Apalachicola, Carrabelle, St. George Island, Eastpoint and Alligator Point.
When you stay at the Best Western Apalach Inn, you’ll find yourself right in the heart of the Forgotten Coast. Here, you’re just short drive from pristine beaches, fabulous fishing, magnificent museums, a world-class golf course, hundreds of miles of waterways to explore via boat, kayak or paddle-board, and endless acres of national and state forest hiking trails.
Here are just a few of the local attractions and recreational activities located a hop, skip and a jump from our hotel:
- John Gorrie Museum State Park in Apalachicola (1 mile)
- Apalachicola River (1 mile)
- Shopping, restaurants and nightlife in downtown Apalachicola (1 mile)
- Charter fishing (1 mile)
- The Orman House Museum in Apalachicola (1.5 miles)
- The Raney House Museum in Apalachicola (1 mile)
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve Nature Center (7 miles)
- Gulf of Mexico (10 miles)
- St. George Island (12 miles)
- Cape St. George Light, Lighthouse on St. George Island (12 miles)
- Dr. Julian G. Bruce St. George Island State Park (20 miles)
- St. James Bay Golf Club (30 miles)
- Tate’s Hell State Forest (12 miles)
- Indian Pass Beach and Park (20 miles)
- Cape San Blas (22 miles)
- Cape San Blas Lighthouse (22 miles)
- St. Joseph Peninsula State Park (28 miles)
- Wakulla Springs (65 miles)
- Marianna Caverns (100 miles)
Want to learn more about nearby attractions and activities? Give us a call!
Our friendly staff will be happy to recommend the best things to see and do during your visit.